Friday, February 27, 2015

Why do I have moles and my neighbor doesn't?

This is a common question I get from my clients and potential clients as it pertains to the habits of moles.  Moles are not generally a picky animal but they do tend to like certain soil types but that is not the primary reason for liking your lawn over your neighbors.  Their diet consists of 85% earthworms and the other 15% make up grubs and other insects.  You probably take care of your lawn by putting nutrients into it using fertilizers.  Also I suspect you are killing out the weeds to help your grass become more thick which in turn holds more moisture which draws in their favorite food source…Worms.   The more food available, the more chances they mole will stay in your lawn, but do remember that moles do not know the boundaries of your lawn and sometimes the mole(s) occupies both yards.  Trapping is the number one solution to resolving a mole problem….I will go into more detail about that in future blog posts. 

I am Joshua “TRapper” Jones of TRapper’s Wildlife Control….The “Biggest” Mole Trapper In Central Iowa you can locate more info on moles and other wildlife on my website at www.CallTheMoleTrapper.com


No comments:

Post a Comment