Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Moles are one of God's Most Amazing Creatures....Come inside as we discover all moles can do...good and bad

This week I will address the lawn mole issue as it pertains to grubs and what a mole's food source really looks like.. 

Moles are strictly insectivores...meaning they only eat meat.  They get their water typically from the food they ingest.   Does anyone know what their favorite food source is?   If you guessed grubs you are wrong, it is the small but mighty Earthworm (otherwise known as Night Crawlers).  I know you have heard it before that if you get rid of the grubs you will get rid of the moles but that is so far from the truth.  Grubs and other insects only make up about 15% of a moles diet...so if that was the case a mole would literally starve to death.  Grubs are only around certain times of the year and are only active under about 3-5 inches of soil.  Moles live much, much deeper in the winter and do not hibernate so they would die of starvation.  Earthworms are their main diet making up the 85%.  Let me put it this way, Earthworms are like going to the high calorie buffet and grubs/insects are like going to the fine restaurant. 

So why is the rumor spread so much about grubs?  The lawn care companies who haven't done their research and know better as well as the big stores and farm stores can sell grub control but who would buy earthworm control products since earthworms are the best DEEP aeration your lawn can have.  Many of my customers don't have grubs but still have moles...Once I go in to the lawn I can remove moles quickly...most moles I catch are caught within 24 hours after I set traps.  

I have been trapping moles for 12 years and have over 8,500 moles to my credit...I Guarantee Mole Catches Or You Don't Pay Me A Dime (or a penny)  My Service area is Des Moines, IA Area, Urbandale, Waukee, Saylorville, Ankeny, Johnston, Adel, Grimes, Polk City, Ames, Boone, Pella, Knoxville, Indianola, Pleasant Hill, Altoona, Clive, Windsor Heights, Indianola, Newton, Colfax, Mitchellville, Mainly Central Iowa

Joshua "TRapper" Jones
TRapper's Wildlife Control
515-257-0470
Info@CallTheTrapper.com
www.CallTheMoleTrapper.com

ps..mention this blog and receive $25.00 off a mole caught
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment